Saturday, April 4, 2009

What Big Eyes you have


So I was watching Americas Next Top Model the other day and one of the contestants remind me of those fabulous Keane Big Eye Paintings from the 60's.

I have a few scattered about my garage and home. My favorite are the kitty ones.


I used to see these all the time at Thrift stores and yard sales and swap meets as a child because they prints were pretty widely distributed back in the 60's and 70's. They have become very collectible for hipsters and Indie kids. They make a really nice addition to that Kitschy home. They are so retro and now days you will find a lot of great artist replicating the oh so sweet yet a little freaky paintings.


They is something that is just so morbidly beautiful about those tall lanky children with the big sad eyes!

One day when I have a home with a long dark hallway ..I am going to line the whole hallway with my big eye paintings ..just purely to spook my friends out!
Photos I copied online from retailers and privatly owned collections










2 comments:

Hello Lindello said...

I too watch ANTM somtimes (shhh) and really like the girl with BIG eyes. She looks so unique. They do resemble those painting too!

Home Deconomics said...

Haw! I love the idea of a long hallway with big-eyed children and animal eyes watching you. Wish I had a hallway to do it in!