Friday, October 24, 2008

The infamous Little Golden Books

It is inevitable..everyone has had a little golden book at one time in their life.

I remember the poky little puppy and the little engine that could. I remember looking at the back of the books and they would display the characters of the little golden book series in the back and my goal was to read all the stories that had those characters.
Anyway once I had my own children I started to collect those stories that I had as a child.
Little golden books were born in 1942. The had 12 initial books.

Three Little Kittens
Bedtime Stories
Mother Goose
Prayers for Children
The Little Red Hen
Nursery Songs
The Alphabet from A to Z
The Poky Little Puppy
The Golden Book of Fairy Tales
Baby's Book of Objects
The Animals of Farmer Jones
This Little Piggy and Other Counting Rhymes


Today the little golden books are still growing strong.
They are widely collected.

Every night my husband reads to my son and his favorite is the three little kittens. My son loves them and I know when he is a man and becomes a father one day he will be reading his favorite little golden books to his children.








No comments: